International Education homepage

Applying to UK universities with Cambridge International A Level

Students apply to UK universities through UCAS (Universities Colleges Admissions Service).

Applications are made through the UCAS Apply system on the UCAS website by 15 January each year. If you have taken Cambridge International AS and A Level qualifications, you will find some information on our website on how to add your qualifications to the UCAS Apply system.

If you have taken Cambridge International A Level qualifications, from 2018 you will need to select CAIE as the awarding organisation and CIE during and prior to 2017.

If you have taken a Science qualification, UCAS is aware that Cambridge International A Levels do not have a separate grade for practical assessment. There is no box provided on the application form. If you selected GCE A Level as the qualification type, you will be asked to enter a practical grade and should select not relevant from the menu. We recommend that you select Cambridge International A Level (or AS level) to avoid any confusion.

If you enter your Cambridge IGCSE qualifications on UCAS Apply, select ‘IGCSE’ from the drop-down menu.

When applying to UK universities through UCAS Apply and need to add the Cambridge IPQ, search for ‘Cambridge International Project Qualification’, which will allow you to select the correct option from the list.

Was this article helpful?
2 out of 2 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request