International Education homepage

Can I use my Cambridge IGCSE English qualification if I am applying for settlement and naturalisation in the UK?

Cambridge IGCSE First Language English (Syllabus 0500 and 0522) and Cambridge IGCSE English as a Second Language (Syllabus 0510 and 0511) are no longer included on the UK Visa and Immigration's (UKVI) approved list of English language tests for immigration purposes (SELT list). This means you cannot use them as evidence of your English ability when applying for settlement and naturalisation.

Visit the UKVI website ( for more information.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request