International Education homepage

Replacement Certificates for Gender Reassignment

We consider all applications to amend certificates due to gender reassignment.

Before issuing a new certificate, we need to ask for proof that the candidate's name has changed. We require:

  • 1 form of identification, for example, a copy of your new passport, photocard driving license or birth certificate

  • proof of your change of name, for example a copy of your deed poll, statutory declaration or similar official documentation (showing both your previous and current names)

This is the same evidence as required to change a name on a passport, where the name change does not match official documents. Please visit this website which provides links to forms for the enrolled deed, change of name deed and guidance for the statuary declaration/affidavit.

Please send your original certificate to us with the above documentation using our Results and Certificates Form 12, making clear the address you wish the replacement to be sent to. We do not charge for replacement certificates due to gender reassignment.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request