We recommend that Programme Leaders and candidates have an English proficiency of B2 and above on the CEFR framework. This means that Programme Leaders and candidates:
- can understand the main ideas of a complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their own field of specialisation;
- can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes interaction with native speakers possible without strain for either party;
- can produce a clear detailed text on a wide range of subjects;
- can explain a viewpoint giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options;
- can give clear descriptions;
- do not make errors which cause misunderstanding and can correct most of their own errors.