International Education homepage

UK schools: Do I have to apply for access arrangements with Cambridge if we have JCQ approval?

You cannot apply for Cambridge access arrangements using Access Arrangements Online (AAO). You must tell us about any access arrangements you plan to use by sending us Preparation – Form 1. This is a simple tick box form. You must apply for access arrangements for each exam series. You do not need to send us any evidence of the candidate’s need with your notification. However, you must keep the evidence until we issue certificates. We may ask you for this at any time, so you must have the correct evidence on file when we ask for it.

You can still use your JCQ outcome letter as part of this evidence. Although some of our access arrangements may not be included on your JCQ outcome letter, we can use the additional information you submitted on JCQ’s Form 8 to help us make our decision. For this reason, we recommend that you provide us with both your JCQ outcome letter and JCQ Form 8 when we ask for evidence.

Our deadline for modified papers is a week earlier than JCQ’s because our exam series starts earlier; please see section 1.3 of the current Cambridge Handbook which can be found here for further assistance.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request