If you want some or all of your candidates to take their exams at a venue that is not your registered Centre please complete and submit a Using an alternative venue - Entries - Form 5 which can be found on this page of our website.
- The proposed security arrangements you detail on the form must comply fully with section 4.4 of the Cambridge Handbook which can be found on this page of our website
- You cannot use an alternative venue unless you have our written permission to do so.
- You should not split groups of candidates entered for the same subject between your centre and the alternative venue. Reasons for requesting an alternative venue may include:
- lack of facilities for practicals
- candidate is in hospital
- candidate is home educated for medical reasons.
If we approve your application for an alternative venue for an individual candidate, you can open the question paper packet no more than 90 minutes before the published Key Time for the exam, or in exceptional circumstances, with prior permission from Cambridge International, before the standard centre start time. This will allow the paper(s) to be taken to the alternative venue.